On Friday, August 27, 2021, starting at 9 am, CUPE NB is holding a day-long Bargaining Summit in Fredericton, with over 100 CUPE bargaining team members in New Brunswick present.
While over 100 members of CUPE Bargaining teams of Part 1, 2, 3, and 4 of the NB public service are meeting in a large outdoor conference tent. located behind the Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel in Fredericton.
Members and the public can watch the event online from the live feed through this page: http://www.fairwagescupe.com/
Among guest speakers present are:
- CUPE NB President Stephen Drost
- CUPE National President Mark Hancock and CUPE National Secretary-Treasurer Charles Fleury
- Fred Hahn, CUPE Ontario President
- Canadian Labour Congress (CLC) President Bea Bruske
- NB Federation of Labour (NBFL) President Daniel Légère
The summit is being held as more than 22,000 CUPE members in NB are currently without a collective agreement and are preparing for a province-wide strike vote in early September if no fair deal is reached with Government.