PLEASE JOIN US FOR THESE EVENTS!
at the Delta Beauséjour Hotel, Moncton
- ALL PRESIDENTS MEETING (NB only)
- LEADERSHIP CONFERENCE
- WEEKLONG SCHOOL
All Presidents’ Meeting for NB Locals
CUPE NB invites all Presidents of NB Locals to a meeting to discuss concerns and issues affecting all locals in the province. There is no cost for this meeting, but we are asking that you register if you are attending.
January 26th – 11am to 1pm @ the Delta Beauséjour Hotel in Moncton
Leadership Re-Boot Conference for NB & PEI
- CUPE NB invites all members, locals, and executives of Prince Edward Island and New Brunswick to a conference to discuss how we lead in 2023 and move into the future!
We encourage all executives to attend and to consider bringing young workers to this event for long-term succession planning for the labor movement and locals.
*There is limited registration for this event and a registration fee of $100
* Registration Deadline is January 20th, 2023
January 26th 2PM to 5:30 PM @ Delta Beausejour in Moncton
January 27TH 9AM to 4PM @ Delta Beausejour in Moncton
CUPE Maritimes Weeklong School – Getting back to Basics for NB & PEI
- CUPE Maritimes is excited to announce a weeklong school for all members in NB and PEI in person! We are happy to provide a new process where you get to select the workshops that you want to attend, so please make sure to follow the instructions!
Twice daily breaks will be provided.
*Note – the Financial Officer Workshop will be the only course that will last 5 days.
This weeklong is meant to be flexible to accommodate all members, so you can join us for the 5 days, or sign up for individual sessions that are listed below.
*There is limited registration for this event and a registration fee of 100$ per session or 300$ for the week.
* Registration Deadline is January 20th, 2023.
We have a special rate negotiated with the Delta Beausejour for $169 a night, this rate expires on: Saturday, December 24, 2022!
Click here to reserve online: Book your group rate for CUPE Conference
We want to ensure that our event is as safe as possible, and we will be following CUPE’s COVID protocols.
Here are the key protocols for all of the above events:
- Masks are mandatory during the events, even when sitting down in the meeting room.
- If you are not vaccinated, you are required to test daily and ensure that you test negative before joining the meeting.
- Check your symptoms daily if you have any COVID symptoms do not attend the meeting.
WEEKLONG SCHOOL WORKSHOPS
January 28th 9AM to January 29th 12PM
January 29th 1PM to January 30th 4PM
January 31st 9AM to February 1st 12PM
|Financial Officer (weeklong)
|Financial Officer (weeklong)||Financial Officer (weeklong)|
|Intro to Stewarding||Steward learning series: Grievance Handling, discipline and discharge, members in front of management
|Let- Leadership Essentials||Let – strategic planning – 6 & conflict skills||LET (bylaws, DFR, mobilizing)
|Sexual and Domestic Violence at work||Public Speaking||Mental health and accommodation-friendly workplaces
|Women’s Rights and Leadership||Harassment and bullying at work||LET – Parliamentary Procedure|
|Bargaining – analyzing your CA and surveying membership||Anti–oppression / racism training||Steward Learning Series: Conflict Skills, Ally Skills, and DFR.|
|Intro to stewarding (French)||Representing Members (French)||LET (French)|